Wednesday, May 6, 2009

To Lead Means To Go

Leading and following implies movement. If you’re leading and I’m following, then we are moving in some direction toward some goal. If you aren’t going anywhere, I can sit with you, but I really can’t follow you. Here are some places I’m going that I hope I’m leading others to also.

1. I’m growing closer to God. I’m learning more about God, his plan for my life, and the Bible. I’m growing in my prayer life and my connection with God.

2. I’m growing in the impact I make for God. I’m reaching new levels of effectiveness for God. I’m inviting more people to church, building more relationship inside and outside of church to leverage for God. I’m spending my time and energy more strategically for God.

3. I’m becoming a better leader. I am learning how to develop other leaders better. I’m learning how to handle conflict better. I’m learning how to more effectively communicate expectations and deal with people when expectations aren’t met. I’m learning how to better motivate people using encouragement and challenge.

4. I’m becoming a better man. I am learning how to put my wife first more often and serve her better. I’m learning how to love my wife and son better. I’m growing in character and discipline. I’m learning how to treat people with more compassion and grace.

Where are you going? How are you leading others in these areas?

No comments: